Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) NHS Trust have a dedicated Parkinson’s day unit based at Edgware Community Hospital.
The service is dedicated to providing integrated and specialist care to people with Parkinson’s disease and related disorders, along with supporting their family and carers.
They provide services from:
- Integrated multidisciplinary assessment and treatment
- Regular medical reviews
- Flexible appointment options for unexpected change in function
- Full Day Assessment to optimise treatment regime
- Continuity of care
- Palliative Care Clinic
- Telephone helpline (9am to 4pm)
- Falls Strength and Balance Group
- Self-management Programme
- Voice Group
- Carers Group
- Carers repite group
- Tai Chi
- Conductive Education
- Dance and Movement
Patient transport can be arranged for patients who are unable to travel to the unit by themselves or with family assistance. Administrative staff in the Parkinson’s Day Unit will be able to let you know whether you are entitled to transport and if so, will arrange this.
Barnet residents require a referral from their GP, Medical Doctor or another health professional.
Non-Barnet residents require a referral from their GP authorising treatment at the Parkinson’s Day Unit.